Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Graphite Still-life Drawing

Hello, everyone!
Sorry, It has been quite awhile I have not updated my blog posts.

My basic drawing course has covered many new and fun drawing skills including expressing volumes and depths of the objects with graphite pencils and drawing portraits with a charcoal pencil, etc.

 
 
 


 
 
 

The first image I attached is the actual still-life objects that I was to draw. I used ten different kinds of graphite pencils with different hardness and darkness. The main purpose of drawing with graphite pencils is to express the volumes and the intensity of light and defining the shadow.

I have a fairly good observation skills to determine the lights and shadow generally, so it was easy to sketch and express the shadows and volumes.
It is actually an exciting moment finding myself getting improved day by day! After I was checked by my coolest Art instructor, Mr. Decarlo, and slipped it into my second portfolio!
 
First picture for my second portfolio looks successful to me.
Whoop whoop!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment