Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Starting a New Drawing Skill: Negative & Positive Space Drawing!

Hello, again :) 

As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I am posting another one! 

I was really sick for last entire week, so I couldn't even attend my drawing course. When I came back to the class this week, I realized I am far behind than other classmates. They already began a new drawing skill called negative & positive space drawing, so I had to go through all the demonstrations and catch up what I have missed. 

Since it was a total new drawing skill, I had a trouble with getting used to this new skill. I also had to draw with a compressed charcoal, I ended up getting charcoal all over on myself and had to wash my hands multiple times. 

After struggled a bit more, I started getting used to how to depict the negative and positive space of the objects.... And Ta-da!  



I made quite a bit of progress in my drawing within only 2 hours of drawing, and my instructor even complimented me on this. Even though I haven't completed drawing, I am proud of myself catching up quicker than expected. It feels great whenever realizing how much I have improved since the beginning of the semester. 

Negative and positive space drawing skill is a second big topic for this course, so I assume that I will have a couple of weeks to make more touch-ups! 

Once I get an approval of being done on my drawing, I could spray over my picture to keep it permanent! :)

I can't wait until going to the next class period!!



No comments:

Post a Comment