Thursday, February 18, 2016

On-going stained-life contouring!

Contouring is still on going!

Since the Basic Drawing course I am currently taking this semester focuses on basic skills step by step, we are more likely to focus on one specific drawing skill for several weeks. For about two months so far, I learned many different gesture drawing skills, continuous contouring, cross contouring, mass-line contouring, blind contouring and so forth. 

I spent the entire two consequent classes for my stained life contouring picture, and the purpose for this drawing skill is to grow and improve good observational skills and point out the most accurate outline drawing of the stained-life objects at the angle that you are looking at the objects.

This following picture is what I have drawn for last week.

















The image to the left is the picture I drew focusing on the center bottom part of the entire objects. The image to the right is the actual objects displayed in the studio at the different angles and lights.

I used charcoal pencil as my tool of drawing this piece of contouring drawing. I could easily depict the depths and distance between the objects by changing the darkness of the lines. This stained-life contouring piece was the last contouring drawing for this course, so hooray! Almost done with contouring skills.

The following week on Wednesday, our whole class had a peer drawing critique time and I will talk about this in my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment