Friday, February 12, 2016

Continuous Contouring Skills

Contouring classes are still going on!

I have been taking this beginning art course this semester, Basic Drawing I. Although I would like to start learning volumes and masses ASAP, I realized that since this course is a basic drawing course so has to follow certain steps to draw professionally later on.

Last week during the classes, I still focused on contouring but in different form of contouring, specifically continuous contouring. For continuous contouring, any drawing tools can be used but for my case, I used a pen. Since It would be one of the parts of my first portfolio for this course, I had to choose specific theme for my continuous contouring, and started drawing my Art class storage room. I though it will be the perfect place to draw because of many various mediums and goods stored in there. 

However, I regretted it after I was almost half-way done with my continuous contouring because continuous contouring is supposed to be drawn without picking up the pen while drawing it. 
 
This picture above is the example image file I found from pinterest and attached for better understanding of continuous contouring. Since continuous contouring is a contouring skill without picking up the drawing tool, there are many overlaps over the drawings as it can be seen. Continuous contouring requires some patience because of these reasons, but once you are done with continuous contouring, you will end up with artsy picture right in front of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment